Tuesday, May 28, 2013

New inspiration

So, I went to a funeral last week and was mesmerized by the stained glass windows. Catholic churches always seem to have the most beautiful artwork. As a result, I was inspired to paint a couple small paintings:
Acrylic paint, 9X12 canvas

Acrylic and gouache paint, 5X7 canvas
 
I think I liked the first one much better. It seems brighter. With the second one I was experimenting with mixing the gouache and acrylics since I'm feeling a little limited with my fluid acrylic color options. I just have a small 10 or 12 color set. I liked the results of mixing them. I'm still not sure if I'm sold on the "fluid" kind of acrylic. I think I may prefer the thickness of the other kind. I may need to just use it to mix with. Either way, they both look quite striking hanging up. I think I'd like to experiment more with this method.
 

No comments: