Friday, May 21, 2010

My birthday TEA

My co-workers surprised me for my birthday and took me to a delightful "tea" lunch at Basically British near downtown.  Here are a few pictures I took with my iPhone of the meal.  Each person gets their own pot of tea that you can pick from a menu book about 8 pages long.  This allows for sharing.  The embiance was lovely in a renovated old building.  The setting was fairly intimate with only 6-8 tables more or less, but a huge window floods the room with natural light.  The scents are fantastic with all the different kinds of tea leaves and spices mingling together.  It was - just lovely.


The only thing I didn't eat off that menu was the cheddar onion sandwich because my co-worker said it was very oniony, so I didn't touch it with a 10-foot pole.

No comments: