Tuesday, March 1, 2011

American Idol Season 10!

It's that time again! I loves me some AI. I'm not hating the new judges either. I haven't heard much opposition from my fellow fans either. Stephen Tyler and Jennifer Lopez are brilliant additions. So vastly different from each other, but it makes sense. Why didn't we do this sooner?

Clint sings "Superstitious". He's good. I think he'll make it to top 12.

Jovany. "I'll be" He's got some nice guns, and not bad to look at which is good because his performance did NOT blow me away. He may be going home just based on that, but his look might get him through. Stephen Tyler and JLo have not yet experienced the "listen back" where everything live sounds soooo much worse.

Jordan. No idea what song he was singing. I don't like him just because he's cocky. And WTH is everyone going so crazy over? He ain't all that. And the song sucked. Too bad somebody MADE him sing it. If It's not your style why would you pick a bad song for yourself in this stage of the game?

Tim - good thing he had background singers cause that mostly sucked. I don't know this song either. Meh, he's not a favorite. He could be on the chopping block. His face reminds me of David Archuleta.

Brett - "Baby light my fire" Waaaay too low for him at the beginning. He pulled it out though. He has a Phil Collins kind of sound. I like him because he's quirky but cute. He's good.

James - "You Got Another Thing Coming" I want to like him. I do. I have a hard time not comparing him to Adam Lambert. They have the same sound, but Adam is a performer and a showman. James is not so much. They are different. It's going to be hard not to compare.

Robbie - "Angel" - wow, that was S-L-O-W. And a little all over the place. I've never heard a boy singing Sarah McLachlan either. I don't think it was the worst. I want to see how they change his look though, so he can stick around a little while longer.

Scotty - he is a remarkable singer. It's kind of nice to have a county singer on too. He's got a great voice. That's all I can say.

Stefano - "Just the Way You Are" he's not a stand out for me yet, but he's got potential. He'll stick around for awhile too.

Paul - "Maggie" I like Paul. He's different. Of course he'd sing Rod Stewart...it's perfect. But I wonder if it wasn't a mistake because he sounds a little too much like him. He is certainly unique from the other contestants which makes me like him a little more. Sounds like Rod, looks a little like Kenny Loggins. I like him.

Jacob - what can I say about Jacob? I can't. It's not nice. No. Please. I can't take him for - - how many more weeks? Put him on Broadway. That's where he belongs...but no. Not here. Please?!?

Casey - "I Put a Spell on You" I like him too. He has such range and he doesn't look like he would, but he's a favorite of mine and it's going to be fun to watch him. He's got the chops. Best by far of the night. He's the American Idol that embodies the talent that we look for, not the looks which is what the competition is about. I love him!!

-- Post From My iPhone

No comments: