Wednesday, February 18, 2009

AMERICAN IDOL 2/17



This is the first of (hopefully) several weeks of American Idol blogs...by ME!

Here's my take from AI (2/17/09)
1. Jackie - what was she wearing? It was okay, but I think she'll quickly wear on my nerves. Too silly.
2. Ricky Braddy - he was very good, but didn't stand out for me. And, duh, dude...learn to use a mic during interviews. We can't hear you!
3. Alexis Grace - (pink hair) sexy song, very well done. Bold to pull out with an Aretha Franklin song, but I think it was a good move for her.
4. Brent Keith - could he be cuter? Love the dimples...and from Blanchester? Local boy. That said, not too impressed with the country song. (but he was cute singing it). Sadly he'll be lucky to make it through to the next round, and won't be the winner.
5. Stevie Wright - she's cute. Started off rough. Didn't get much better. Here's the trouble, only Taylor Swift can sing Taylor Swift songs. Yuck. She's going home. Too bad. I wanted to like her.
6. Anoop Desai - he's good and has a good shot. He's like geeky cool. I like him. He's not what he appears...and I actually disagreed with Simon that time. I think it was a good song and nothing wrong with singing a song you like.
7. Casey Carlson - she couldn't pull off a Police song. Ughh. Boo for even trying. She'll be leaving soon ( I hope).
8. Michael Sarver - it was a little weird. He barely pulls it off, but he's cute, so he might make it through. The song wasn't great though. He could be good.
9. Ann Marie Boskovich - her nerves got to her at the beginning, and I never really was blown away by her. Nah. The song is overdone in this competition.
10. Stephen Fowler - weak start. He's got a good sound but that song was not all that special. If he gets A-Nother chance I think he could become quite good.
11. Tatiana - what can I say? Please please please do NOT vote for her. She's like nails on a chalkboard to me, but she's got a great voice! Grr! It's not fair! She really irritates me when she's talking, but when she sings it's not horrible. But still, get rid of her.
12. Danny Gokey - oh, Danny. You are the one so far. He's got the whole package, looks, personality, sad story, great voice! He'll be hard to beat. I'm not worried at all that he won't make it. Even if he doesn't, the judges would be stupid to not bring him back for the wild card. America has been known to make mistakes (remember Jordan Sparks?)

That's all! More tonight!

Christie OUT!

No comments: