Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Costa Rica - Day 4

We decided to stay at the house instead of going ziplining today. As much as I think I might have liked ziplining, we've learned over the years that (especially with a little kid) we need some down time with no expectations and total relaxation. It was quite rainy so we started with scrambled eggs and fresh fruit that I made. I thought I nearly ruined the pan because: a) French chef, I am not... And b) I don't think I've ever used a gas stove let alone one that is clearly designed for a professional, which clearly I am not. We saved the pan however and the eggs were good anyway. After breakfast, we went to the cinema room and watched a movie - or most of one. Very cool and Addison loved being able to go right up to the wall where the movie was being projected and followed the lines of animation with her fingers and touched Ariel and danced with her shadows. We continued our morning pretending the house was ours by just wandering room to room and chilling wherever we wanted. The cleaning people were there so we tried to stay out of their way as much as possible.
I did take a video tour of the entire house which is quite challenging when you're trying to avoid the staff. I actually didn't get the main level done until everyone arrived back at the house. Then the skies cleared and everyone was in the pool at once. For lunch, Stefan made a delicious salad with chicken, corn, black beans, cilantro, an assorted other brightly colored and finely chopped vegetables. I really need to start incorporated black beans into more of my foods. At dinner he prepared the fish that the deep-sea fishermen (Molly, Jim, Brian and dad) caught. I believe it was mahi-mahi.
Although we didn't have the fun ziplining stories that everyone else had, we had our own private bliss in a house way never get to experience again. For a few hours, we owned that house and no one else will have that experience.


-- Post From My iPhone

No comments: