Sunday, August 1, 2010

Costa Rica - Day 2

We had a delicious breakfast of French Toast casserole, fresh fruit and local chicken sausage then our driver came to take us to Manuel Antonio which was about a 4 hour drive. We stopped at a place called Crocodile Bridge on the way. This is kind of a touristy place which was a long narrow bridge with very narrow walkways on both sides and very fast moving cars and busses. You look over the edge and can see crocodiles hanging out in the murky water or sunning themselves along the river's edge. Kinda creepy with all the crocodiles, I think we saw about 7 or 8 of them. Plus it's a little harrowing to try to cross the bridge against traffic adding to the element of danger. We all piled back in the van and were off again to Manuel Antonio.
Next stop was a restaurant called El Avion. Right off the bat we see a spider monkey following along with us up the stairs. Soon, more show up and I think I counted about 6 of them. All looking for a morsel or two. One thing I notice here is that nearly everything (especially eateries) are open space. I haven't eaten anywhere yet that has windows.
El Avion is a restaurant designed with an old C130 that was shot down during the Reagan administration. Something like that anyway. So they've converted it into a restaurant and bar. The meal was pretty inexpensive too and I was a little thrown when the waiter gave me my change back in colones. I got something like 3,500 colones back. I used it for our driver's tip.
Finally we were on our way to the most beautiful place I've ever seen and might ever see. Our new home for the week was Casa Fantastica. It is absolutely amazing. It's like somewhere you'd see celebrities stay. 7 amazingly huge bedrooms each with it's own beautiful bath, a theatre, recreation room, exercise room, huge kitchen (with chef), bar/lounge area, and a gorgeous infinity pool with solar hot tub all overlooking the ocean! Heaven. We ate dinner, swam, and rested.















-- Post From My iPhone

No comments: