Saturday, July 31, 2010

Costa Rica - Day 1

Our flight was at 6am so we had to awaken at some ungodly hour. I think the only other time I had to get up that early was when we delivered papers. My body does not like me at that hour.
We got all our stuff together, fed the child and were on our way. Now, normally I am the one who gets hung up at security check points, but not this time! Yay me! It was finally Greg who loads up his bag with every electronic device invented. This time, it seems it was an issue with the camera, but after a LONG time, it was resolved and we were on our way.
We arrived at the gate very near the end of boarding, so little time to spare and I think my parents thought for a moment they may not see us.
The flight was fine (about an hour?) and we landed in Atlanta safe and sound to catch our next plane c-l-e-a-r across the airport. Why does it always work out that way? The gate was originally in the terminal in which we landed, but they changed it last minute according to Greg and his iPhone app. These things are ridiculously handy.
The next leg took about 4+ hours. It was quite bumpy! I left my seatbelt on for fear of getting knocked out into the aisle! Lucky me got stuck behind a man who immediately reclined his seat and left it that was the entire flight. This makes everything challenging. I got to read my People magazine VERY closely - literally. I made sure to bump inti the seat appropriately so he wouldn't remain too comfortable.
Finally we arrive in Costa Rica. Wow. Now I'm completely in a different country and I can tell. Everything looks different an I can't read anymore.
We get our bags and as we're leaving the airport and there are lots of men pressed up against the window with signs and such. Looked like drivers, but also looked like a place you wouldn't want to get stuck in. We went across the street to the predetermined pick up spot but didn't see our driver. I offered to go look for our driver and dad came with me. Somehow we ended up with like 5 guys pulling our bags. Apparently these guys just wait for tourists and have a smooth way of acting like they are the person you need. One guy even wrote our B&B's name on a paper and came at us acting like our driver. Then you have to tip them all.
Finally we made it to our bed & breakfast Casa Bella Rita. Note: the driving down here is harrowing to say the least. Crazy drivers and no rules! Anyway, the B&b was beautiful! In our room Addison had her own bed in a little nook in the room. It was awesome. Not much longer and the rest of our crew joined us.
The time difference is 2 hours. I think it's the first time (besides being sick) that I went to bed at 7:30!













-- Post From My iPhone

No comments: