Sunday, January 22, 2012

Days 16 to 18

 I started off hating 2-N-5. I didn't get it. I started off small and realized that it needed to be a big pattern. I almost scribbled out the top because I was so dissatisfied with it, but I didn't. Looking at it a few days later and from a distance, I don't hate it as much. It even kind of works that it starts off small at the top and ended up bigger at the bottom. I was able to restrain myself from making it perfect and worked with what I had, and it all ended up okay! Lesson learned.  Then there was Flez. I think I picked it to make up for the previous one. It is lovely! All of these tangles I think are block fillers, but quite different from one another. Boucle' was another that ended up being kind of a cross between perfect and not. It required a bit of brain power as did Flez to make sure my swoops were going the right direction. I did have a moment where I started a like going the wrong way, but I challenge you to find it. I might be brave enough to try 2-N-5 again now that I understand it can't be the perfect and precise design I try to acheive. That's okay. I think I learned that it makes a good compliment to those designs that are.

No comments: