Sunday, January 8, 2012

I got the new Tangle-a-day calendar!



What is it? It's a calendar for Zentangle exercises. Says so on the cover. :)  I was very excited to go get this calendar. I thought I'd have to buy it online, but noticed that Carole Ohl, who designed the book and one whose blog I frequently peruse for inspiration, was from Dayton, so I contacted her to see if it was sold locally - and to my delight, it was. So I got to save on shipping costs too! Not only that, but I got one of those gift card Visa's a few months ago. You know, those ones that you think will work until you get up to the register and find out that their machine can't accept them and you have an armful of merchandise and no other method of payment? Yeah, one of those. Again, to my delight, my gift card worked!! It was fate. I slept with it overnight while I decided how I would approach it. The nice thing is, there is no expectation (which I enjoy), so while I've decided to practice a different tangle for each day and make a diary of designs, I can change my mind later if I want to do something more in-depth and incorporate different patterns into one piece. Anyway, I'm going to do my best to try to keep up. She says on the first page that you might take a few minutes each day or sit down with a chunk of time each week. I like that. Not so much pressure to try to get it all done in a day. I've already gotten to day 6 and it's only the 9th of January. Good start so far! I'll post my progress.

Here is days 1 to 3: I tried to do just strings.

Here is 4 to 6: I did all circle shapes that could be done unattached.


The thing with patterns is that they all have different names, so when doing challenges and such, you need to be able to know which patterns to use. There's no way I could remember all of them...so this might be a good place to keep them all. The other thing is that I don't like them all, so I will have to challenge myself to do it even when I don't care for the pattern. 

No comments: