Monday, September 8, 2014

My art desk

This was a particularly productive weekend of painting. On Labor Day, I didn't even put makeup on because I was so focused on completing some projects that I've had "in the wings" as they say. I have had a few people ask me to do some things for them that I just haven't had the time to get to...and maybe my motivation or inspiration hasn't been at full blast...so I did it. I got 23 Art-o-mat paintings prepped, 3 Frozen blocks nearly completed and 3 started, and another painting started that someone asked me to do. OH, and that funky painting in the background? The one with the different colored squares? That's the one I painted over and did the palette painting on that you'll see in a post somewhere below.
 
This was a good and satisfying day! I made a mess in the process, but I was on a roll. I find that I don't like to waste paint...a clump that has dried up on my plate almost makes me want to weep. I think that's the starving artist in me...but that was a bit of a catalyst for me in getting all this done. As you can see, blue and green were the strong colors of the day.

No comments: