Tuesday, February 23, 2010

AI Top 24 night one

Paige Miles - I don't remember anything about thus girl in auditions. Did they even show her? Well, don't get used to it, I think she's going home. I think the nerves got to her. Here's a hint; don't clap on the mic, it drives the sound guys nuts. And I think if the judges heard it back, they'd change all their minds. I thought it sounded terrible.

Ashley Rodriguez - she could be a Jordin Sparks look-a-like. She's got an amazing voice. And nit nearly as annoying as Jordin was. Not sure it was a great song choice...but I think the sound was off too. She also doesn't take criticism very well. I think she's going to be fine.

Janell Wheeler - wasn't great, but she's good. I think these first few weeks are the worst because they really tone back the band so all you're hearing is voice and that's hard.

Lilly Scott - how do you get your hair that color? The song seemed slow at first, but she really showed herself, which the others haven't done yet. She stays true to herself so it's a matter of whether America is going to like her since she's so different. I think she's one of my faves.

Katelyn Epperly - good performance, maybe best of the night, but this is not the kind of song she'll be singing, so I feel like it was a safe choice just to keep her in the game. She's smart.

Haeley Vaughn - oMG!!!!! Make it stop, please. Lay off the glitter too. Please. She's precocious. Please put me out of my misery.

Lacey Brown - not many people can pull off "Landslide" and I'm not sure she did. It was okay and got better as she went along, but as far as originality, I think Lilly did better. She's cute though. I'd like to see her again.

Michelle Delamor - she looks like Leona Lewis and Alicia Keys. I'm not sure that was a good song choice just because she seems more of an Alicia clone. She did awesome though.

Didi Benami - good song choice for her. She knows what to sing. She's original, and has a great voice. Reminds me of a certain blonde haired girl from a previous year that I was pulling for, only better.

Siobhan Magnus - I hate this song. I hated it a little less, but it was terribly dull and slow. I hope she makes it through. She won't win the whole competition I don't think, but she's got potential to make it far.

Crystal Bowersox - I love her, but I question whether she can appeal to the masses. She's committed to music, you can tell that, but is not committed much to the show and I have to wonder if she can handle the stupid tours and commercials and stuff. I love her voice. She does seem a bit out of place here.

Katie Stevens - she's mature for her age. I'd never know she was 17. I like her. She'll be hard to beat. She's the whole package.

-- Post From My iPhone

No comments: