Monday, February 8, 2010

NEW American Idol season




How excited am I that Ellen DeGeneres is the new American Idol judge? I can't even tell you. What could be better than my favorite comedian and my favorite show all wrapped up in one? I think she's going to be awesome and bring an element that has been missing. With Simon leaving (allegedly) next year, I think this will be a welcome change - if Ellen decides to do it again next year. I was afraid she'd be funny all the time and wondered how she would be able to give honest feedback when she's such a "nice" person, but I think (I hope) we'll all be surprised. I've watched her show for years now and I know that she can bring a serious note when it's necessary. She has a great reputation among her peers, so I think with her connections and all the other judges connections, we'll see more celebrities making appearances on the show. I suspect that all the celebrity judges at the beginning of the show was a precursor to Simon leaving anyway. I like that part and hope to see more of it. This show needed re-vamped and that's what they're doing. So far, so good.




Just a side note, I can already tell which people are going to drive me nuts this year. :) Hopefully most of them won't make it past Hollywood week.

No comments: