Tuesday, April 7, 2009

AI: Top 8



Feeling much better this week and I have delicious cheddar biscuits from Red Lobster in my belly, so I'M READY!! Let's do this!

1. Danny - "Stand By Me" - Love this song. As usual, a great performance...though a little weak at the beginning. Also I'm not crazy about the jazzy version, but he's a good singer. Um, Danny, please make up your mind if you want a goatee or not, but I don't like the horseshoe under your lip.

Lookie:



2. Kris - "All She Wants to do is Dance" - I don't think he'll go anywhere this week, but not my favorite performance. Kinda boring, but he's good. Hated the arrangement. Paula, is melodically a word? Simon, you're sounding like a broken record..."indulgent" come on. I didn't think so...but I'll agree it was a bad song choice.

3. Lil - "What's Love Got to do With It?" - Leeahl. That's how you say it. Get it right. Now...Tina Turner? Predictable. What's next week, Whitney Houston, Mary J Blige? Don't be so predictable Lil. Bored. Good Tina impression though. I'm done. Addison liked it though. She says "I need more again. More song." Paula was spot on about her being bigger than what she's been choosing. It was karaoke-ish.

4. Anoop - "True Colors" - He's humble. I like that. Might be my favorite performance of the night. It helps that I love the song anyway. It was beautiful.

5. Scott - "The Search is Over" - His mom looks so young! Unfortunately, Scott looks like he just walked out of the 80's. Not sure if that was intentional, but I'm thinking not. I kinda liked the electric guitar bit - albeit short. Wasn't great and could send him home. Kara was completely ambivalent. 'It was good, but it was bad. You had good moments and not so good moments'. That really says nothing. I don't think it was as atrocious as Simon says...I thought it was an interesting try. Randy was right "it was all just okay".

6. Allison - "I Can't Make You Love Me" - Oh man. Could it be that she's seriously young enough to be a child of mine? *Shudder* That sucks. I know, everyone out there feels my pain tenfold. I hate the constant reminders that I'm getting older. Guess that starts happening after you hit the 30 mark...which I did a few years back. Mm. Back to Allison. Good song choice, horrible outfit! What the hell are you wearing and why didn't they give you a mirror? I thought they were dressed by people! Somebody is having a snicker in the back of the stage. Much to my dismay it was good and she won't be going home either. Simon says "you should talk more" so we can get to know her personality...NO!!!! Don't speak!

7. Matt - "Part Time Lovers" - Hey! A fellow Taurean! Um. Yeah. Not so much. It was good in parts, but I didn't like the growlies and overall I didn't think it was great. Judges were nuts. I think they're just tired. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the bottom 3.

8. Adam - "Satisfaction" (is that what he sang?) - He has such amazing control of his voice. It was eerie and once again, unforgettable. I thought it was beautiful. I might have to check this one out on iTunes...which by the way are now studio recorded and worthy of your purchases. I even heard Megan Joy's from last week and it was good. Her live performance not so much. Simon gave him a standing ovation it was that good.

My bottom 3 picks: Lil, Matt and Kris? Scott? Not sure. I think it's maybe Matt's turn to go home.

No comments: