Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Top 5!!



It's hard to believe it's almost over. Only 3 more weeks left?! Next week, then we'll be in DisneyWorld the next week - but you better believe I'll be making time to see the show! And then the week we come back - get ready for the AI partay, my friends! (Just ignore the layer of dust and if you need a snack, I'm sure you'll find some goldfish and cheerios in any corner).

Rat Pack songs, eh? Jamie Foxx, eh? Hmmmm. We'll see how badly they can butcher these songs. I'm not sure I like the themed weeks. I mean, I guess there is some novelty to it, but I haven't seen anyone stand out in any particular genre, and frankly, I don't get the point. I can see maybe Matt coming out this week since he's been the underdog and I think this might be closer to what he should be singing.

1. Kris - "The Way You Look Tonight" - Kris, my man...your sad attempt at a moustache scares me. You remind me of high school when the boys were trying to grow facial hair. Yuck. So, overall, it was okay but he didn't blow me away. The beginning was very slow and a little boring but he pulled it through the end, but I was expecting a little more. I think the others will do better. Maybe I was distracted by the wooly worm under his nose. Oh, and I totally got the "wet" comment Simon made. When he said that, I was like, "yeah, that's it". (sorry kathleen) :)

2. Allison - "Someone to Watch Over Me" - was it just me or did she look terrified when she was in the crowd before the break? She doesn't look so crazy with the outfits this week either. Okay, I know that I've been dogging her for the last few weeks, but I will admit if she does put out an album, I'd be likely to purchase songs off of it, if not the whole album. I don't have to watch her or listen to her talk...just listen to her music. She did a good job this week. It was better than Kris.

3. Matt - "My Funny Valentine" - I'm surprised to not see him behind the piano tonight. This would have been a perfect song to do that with. This was one of his best weeks. Not sure it's enough to save him. Somebody's got to go right? It was good, but was it the best? Good enough to keep him in? I've been surprised so far. Poor Matt though. You can tell he put his heart into it and the comments overall were not great. Simon pulled through though. Matt deserved the credit.

4. Danny - "Come Rain or Come Shine" - hhhhoooootttnesssss. Mmm. I will say that he was quite flat at the beginning. But he pulls through. He always pulls through. I do enjoy me some Danny. The crowd goes nuts too. Whoever I was talking to that thought it was going to come down to Adam and Kris, NO WAY! I'm willing to put money on that.
Did somebody slip Paula some sense-making drugs? She's actually giving solid advice tonight. She's not stumbling or being all crazy (yet).

5. Adam - "Feeling Good" - Poor Adam, being last. He's got some big shoes to fill. Everyone has done a stellar job. Even Jamie Foxx did a better job than I expected. Did Adam wear this suit a few weeks ago? Hm. I thought it was good. He is consistent and delivers a show. I can't fathom what kind of album he'd be putting out. He seems so much more Broadway to me. He does seem much more tame to me these past few weeks too. Maybe it's the themes, but I haven't seen him go rocker for awhile.

This was a much better show than I anticipated. It was the best week by far for me.

No comments: