Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Top 7



Quentin Tarantino? Really? Movie music? Really? Could this possibly be the worst week ever? I can imagine Adam might do the best this week. Let's see.

1. Allison - "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" - very weak beginning. She hit the notes later, but this is the first time I've actually heard her braces or retainer or whatever. Didn't care for it. Simon says she's the "girls only hope"...but there are only 2 left.

Uh, okay...what the hell does Quentin Tarantino know about music? He's a director. Of movies. Not music.

2. Anoop Desai - "Everything I Do, I Do For You" - This song is so completely overdone, but how many good movie songs are there out there, really? Fair enough. It was good. He did well. Not sure it will keep him out of the bottom 3, but he looked like he was finally feeling the music.

3. Adam - "Born to be Wild" - of course! Why didn't I think of that? He seems to pick the strangest songs and songs that anyone else singing would sound ridiculous, but he makes it good! I thought maybe he might be doing "Supermassive Black Hole" from the Twilight soundtrack...but it might be too soon for that still. He picked the perfect song for him. Could he possibly bring hard rock (big hair band music) back to life?

4. Matt - "Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman" - again, overdone. Playing the piano is probably a good move. That's the only thing that makes him different. Someone at work said he probably appeals to the younger crowd because he looks and sounds a bit like Justin Timberlake. I'd have to agree, but that also makes him a bit copycat-ish and not too unique. He's good and not hard to listen to, but immediately after he performs I forget. He tried hard on this song to be different.

5. Danny - "Endless Love" - Love the song...love the movie. Danny, put your sexy glasses back on. I'm too distracted by your glittery eyes. Loved it. He always looks confused by what Simon says.

6. Kris - "Falling Slowly" - don't even know this song. B-O-R-I-N-G. I think he'll be bottom 3.

7. Lil - "The Rose" - Come ON! No way. Hated it!! It was terrible. Go home. Now. I think SHE'LL be going home tomorrow. I don't like the sass back either. Give it up. I'm seriously irritated with her now.

No comments: