Monday, May 18, 2009

Day 9 WDW

It's funny how fuzzy details get the further you get away from your vacation. It's Monday now and hopefully I can remember what we did 2 days ago on day 9.

We started the morning out with a character breakfast at the Crystal Palace at Magic Kingdom. This was our second choice since our first choice was booked. We really wanted the meal with Mickey and Goofy, but I guess we should have thought of that a few months ago! Anyway, we got reservations to have breakfast with Pooh, Piglet, Tigger and Eeyore which was good too.

Addison was adorable as ever in her new Minnie sailor outfit and red bows. We had to wait a long time (well it was long to me) to be seated WITH our reservations. Every time they came out to call a name, I was on the edge of my seat hoping it would be us. They called so many more names before they got to us...but finally they did. It was a buffet breakfast with lots of good stuff. Tigger was the first to visit our table and Addison was quick to offer some of her breakfast to him. I guess she thought he looked hungry. He politely declined, leaned over for a few pictures and was off to the next table, but not before he gave her a "pop" on the head. By that I mean, I kiss, not a punch. :) He pops when he kisses. It was cute. Eventually, Piglet, Pooh and Eeyore all made their way over to our table. She tried to give them all things when they did. I couldn't see what she gave Piglet, but he took it. She was trying to give Tigger a piece of Mickey confetti by sticking it on him, only she was trying to stick it on him...and sort of around his nether region and I think it was making him a bit nervous because he kept backing up. I finally took it away from him. She was always interested in their feet too...trying to touch them. I couldn't figure this out either and I think that made them a bit nervous too. She was showing off her squeeky shoes to one of them and I think they thought she was trying to step on their feet.







Anyway, overall I was a little disappointed with this breakfast because the characters didn't really get down on her level much until most people cleared out, so I didn't really get great pictures. The food was good (especially the puffy cinnamon things from the kids buffet), but the characters weren't great.

After breakfast we went back to ride Dumbo again and then she wanted to play in the water at Ariel's Grotto again. I think she rode on the carousel too since it wasn't terribly busy. I can't figure why the line for Dumbo is so long! It's always at least a 20 minute wait which seems like forever with a squirmy 2 year old. She uesually does okay at first, but that's a long time to wait for a short ride! About that time it was time to nap, so we headed back to the room.

In the evening, we headed over to Epcot so Patty could see the topiaries and flowers for the Flower and Garden Festival. First we went on the ride at The Land which shows the hydroponics again since Patty hadn't seen it yet. I thought Addison would be bored, but she did okay. After that we shopped a bit, walked back to the beginning of where the World Showcase starts because they had a few more displays there. After that we headed back to the car and decided to drive over to the Magic Kingdom again for a last hurrah before we had to go home. I thought Addison would like the Tiki Room since she likes birds. We barely made the last showing at 9pm, but we got in. I think she was a little scared at first, but she seemed to like it. I didn't remember it the way it was showing. I think there has been some rehabbing of it since the last time I saw it but it just wasn't the same. I think I didn't enjoy it as much because it features Iago (?) from Aladdin who was played by Gilbert Godfrey and I can't stand his voice. It's too modernized for me. I think this is a classic attraction that should have stayed a classic, but they didn't ask me. After the show ended, it was getting late, so we just rode the Magic Carpet ride which Addison loved, then we started to head out. Greg wanted to try the carousel again so we swam upstream in a sea of people and strollers to get there only to find out that it wasn't running. The fireworks were just about to start, so there were people everywhere and we were just trying to get out at that point. Eventually we made it out, but I was pretty much toast by then. I think Addison was too. We got back to the room finally and had a very very late dinner (midnight!). We packed up a bit since we were coming back home the next day.

Day 10 was just a packing up and coming home day. We stopped at Downtown Disney one last time for some last minute purchases before heading home. Before we did that though, we were able to check our bags at the resort. I have to say, that was a HUGE help! All we had to take with us into the airport were our carry-ons. They even printed our boarding passes for us so we didn't have to stand in line or anything! Yay Disney! You can't imagine how nice it was to not have to lug around 6 suitcases, plus carry-on luggage, a stroller and a kid. On the flight back, Addison slept the entire time until we were decending and her ears were hurting for the first time. That woke her up. She did wonderfully. Hopefully, in a few years when we do it all again it will be even better.

I can't help but notice other people's kids and how horrible some of them are. Sometimes I need that reminder to see how good mine is. She gets grumpy and a little unruly at times, but that's all part of being a kid. These kids I see at the parks could be unbearable. She is pretty calm and well-behaved most of the time, and usually wouldn't start misbehaving until she saw another kid doing it. For being run around ragged for 10 days and being hot and tired, she did amazing. I'm sure she'll forget most of the trip, but the experience for her in the moment was worth it and she'll at least remember parts for awhile.

No comments: