Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Top 3



1. Danny
Song one: "Dance Little Sister" - I don't like this song, but Paula picked it out, so I won't blame Danny. He did it very well. I enjoyed his performance despite not liking the song. This is a song from the 80's that most people haven't heard much of since then. I'm anxious to see what his second song will be.

Song two: "You Are so Beautiful" - much, much better song choice. I'm not sure I loved the arrangement, but it was still good. I think he should have just sped it up a bit. But it did pick up at the end, so I think he redeemed it.

On a side note, not sure if you see the same commercials I see, but I can't tell if the new show Glee is supposed to be funny or not.

2. Kris

Song one: "Apologize" - I'm not sure it's fair that he gets to sing a newer, better song than Danny. This song is heard more and is more familiar, I think, to the general public than the song Danny did. What is a "competent performance"? I disagreed with Simon saying that Randy and Kara needed to be more specific about how he sang the song. I think she was right though, that he didn't make the song much different than the original.

Song 2: "Heartless" - I dunno about Kris doing a Kanye West song, but it was alright. Weird choice, but he probably showed his best vocals and overall performance here. Better than the original? I wouldn't go that far. Ugh. I just don't think he fits here any longer. Top 2? I hope not.

3. Adam

Song one: "One" - Wow! Simon pulling strings for Adam? Hmm. Can we tell who Simon's favorite is? This is the kind of performance I like from Adam. Not overly dramatic, humble and unique. It was very good. Again, though...these 2 had the advantage over Danny. Not fair.

Song two: "Crying" - This was good, but jeez, turn down the background singers! I liked the first song better. I definitely think he's going through to the top 2.

Who will it be? I am still hoping Kris gets kicked off tomorrow. I can't pick between Adam and Danny.

Seriously though...is that a huge stain on Simon's shirt??!

No comments: