Saturday, May 9, 2009

Disney Day 2

Today we started the day after a well rested night. It's amazing how much sleep you lose the night before a vacation. You'd think you'd sleep okay since you're going on vacation, but no. Worst sleep ever! Maybe because you're worried about making it to your destination.

Anyway, started off getting my $75 gift card for my birthday that Walt Disney gave me. THANK YOU DISNEY! I'll use it wisely! Then we got on the train to ride back to Mickey's Toontown Fair. Back there we went through Mickey's Country House and went on to meet Mickey and Minnie. Kind of a long wait, but Addison was a trooper and we finally made it. Got some great pictures which I'll have to post later, but no fear. Some of the pics look like they are holding her arms down - which they were. Addison was a tad nervous and her sucker thumb kept finding it's way to her mouth, so they had to hold her arms down to keep the thumb down. It has a mind of it's own.

Our next destination was teacups and made a pitstop to buy her first hat.


Next was the teacup ride and she LOVED it! The faster the better.










We got Fastpasses for Winnie the Pooh, and while i was getting those, a "surprise Fastpass" printed out for Mickey's Philharmagic. We headed over there right away since the passes were good for that time. For those of you who don't know, it's a 3D attraction where you watch a short movie with special glasses on and a barrage of things get tossed at you, spin in front of you and they also use scented air and water to enhance the effects. It's a fun attraction and one you shouldn't miss. Well, surprising to me, this was the first attraction Addison did NOT like! She jerked everytime something came at her and finally got so fed up she took her glasses off and didn't put them back on for the remainder of the movie. Ah well. Maybe next time.

After that was the Pooh ride which she DID enjoy. Not as much as the teacups, but clearly not worse than the previous ride. After that it was time for a nap, so we all boarded our boat and came back to the cabin. Now everyone is sleeping and I'm waiting to finish my birthday celebration. Everyone has been very nice in wishing me a Happy Birthday!

More later and I'll also write about our first day full of firsts soon. I'm typing on my phone and that just takes some time. My battery is running low too. :)
That's it for now!!

Post From My iPhone

1 comment:

Melissa said...

You posted all that from your iPhone?... WOW!!! That is mighty impressive!