Thursday, May 28, 2009

The long overdue 2 year doctor visit

Addison went to the doctor today for her little physical before moving on to daycare. She weighs 28 pounds and measured her at 35 inches. Now, when they measured her out they did it laying down. How odd. I mean everyone knows when you lay down everything squishes out...that's how you get those too tight jeans on when you can't button them standing up. So, it makes sense it might make her taller, right? Actually, I don't think this is an accurate measurement simply for the fact that she's 2 1/2 and moves a bit from the time you get from her head to her toes. She can't help it. I can't either for that matter. How dumb. Anyway, if you ask me, she's 33 inches and just shy of being able to ride some of those rides at Walt Disney World. I know this because I measured her standing up, since she does. Stand up that is.

I'm constantly amazed every day when I see her how big she has gotten in such a short time. I compare her to the time when she was a baby. Just a mere infant. She's nearly three times as long now as she was. She still seems like a baby to me. I guess this is a parent thing. She'll always seem like my little baby? Her legs are getting longer. They look like little kid legs now! She uses them to kick balls and jump. Just a year ago she was barely walking and now she runs. Still not faster than me (yet), but she's practicing. She laughs without prompting; seeing something silly on tv or just pretend playing. Oh yeah, she pretend plays! Her little dolls have little lives. They scold each other or take flying leaps off the couch, but they're ok. Addison says so. I have a happy child. That makes me happy. Oh, and no shots this time! That makes us both very happy.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

The check up was a little overdue, but oh well... does it really matter (when we know they are relatively fine and healthy)...

And as to the comments on my post... I would be SO upset if my DVR missed some of my shows (especially the finales of my favorites). I generally set up my DVR shows to save the ones I REALLY "need" and to erase the others as needed. It rarely ends up erasing shows, but that is my safety... hopefully, you can watch some of them (maybe even all of them) online... most networks are really good about that...

Good luck! And I'm glad you had a great trip!!! Oh, and good luck with potty training... it is a lot of work!... at least it has been for us.