Wednesday, March 25, 2009

American Idol: Top 10



Okay, the obligatory "Motown Week"...we do it every year. I'm hoping they don't disappoint.

1. Matt Giraud - "Let's Get it On" - Well, Smokey was all full of compliments for him. I think he made a good choice playing the piano on this one. The tempo was very weird. Fast and slow. I also didn't like that the music was so soft in the background. I have to wonder if they were having mic problems. I wasn't impressed overall. He had good moments, but overall I didn't care much for it. (apparently the judges didn't agree with me)

2. Kris Allen - "How Sweet It Is" - Oh boy, he's consistently fell short of impressing me. Well, not bad Kris. Much better than Matt, I thought.

Paula actually looks halfway normal tonight. With the exception of the prom-y dress, as long as she's sitting, she looks good.

3. Scott MacIntyre - "Can't Hurry Love" - Ah man, who dressed him? Not nice. His hair is looking a little more tamed lately though so I'll forgive the pink pants...for now. Um...well, what can I say? I thought it was a good arrangement, but not the best performance. I can see him doing wonderfully in the studio. He's so cute when he's bouncy.

4. Megan Joy - "For Once In My Life" - Smokey said she's one of the most original performers they've had on the show. I'd agree. Not sure about this song though. Again, I think she'd do much better in a studio. She seemed like she was pushing this song too hard. I don't feel like we heard the Megan we've heard before.

5. Anoop Desai - "Ooo, Baby, Baby" - I don't think Anoop gets the credit he usually deserves. He has incredible control of his vocals. On the downside, I think he slowed this song down waaayyy too much. Although he performed well, it almost bordered on boring because it was so slow. He'll be alright though.

6. Michael Sarver - "Ain't Too Proud To Beg" - WTH? Paula pretty much thought it was horrible...strange. I didn't think it was that bad. Huh. I mean, certainly, again, not the best, but I didn't hate it.

7. Lil Rounds - "Heat Wave" - If I hear one more time "she could sing the phonebook", I think I'll scream. I mean, honestly. I don't like her look at all. The flapper dress looks silly. Not on board with the vocals either, but everyone loves her, so they'll probably disagree. Hm. Mostly all the judges agreed but Paula who thought she was amazing and looked amazing. I agree it was not the right song.

8. Adam Lambert - "The Tracks of My Tears" - Not sure I like the slick look. Just because you're singing Motown doesn't mean you have to wear the costume (Lil!). It was good. He's about the only one who really puts the emotion into his performances and songs. I really feel like he feels the song...at least he acts like it, which is his thing I guess - acting. I'm hoping he's genuine. I have a hard time reading him. How awesome to have Smokey stand up after his performance! The whole evening has been very disappointing and there isn't anyone I was ready to vote for...but he brought it back.

9. Danny Gokey - "Get Ready" - He owned the stage and did an awesome job. I can see this being a competition between Danny and Adam now. A real professional! I disagree with Simon "clumsy"? Whatevah.

10. Allison Iraheta - "Papa was a Rolling Stone" - pheh.

In summary, everyone sucked but the last 3. Not sure who will get kicked off after last week. I still can't believe they took Alexis out. I'm going to throw out Michael as my pick to go tonight.

No comments: